Michael Lawrence Tyler, professionally known as Mystikal is a versatile American rapper. He released his debut album “Mystikal” with Big Boy Records in 1994 which was certified as Gold by American Recording Industry and his 2003 album “Tarantula” was nominated for a Grammy. He began working on his music career in 1990, and it led to his debut release in 1994. Mystikal’s popular song, “Shake Ya Ass,” peaked at #13 Billboard Hot 100 in 2000. He previously joined the United States Army as a combat engineer. As well, he made his film debut with the comedy film, “I Got the Hook Up” in the role of T-Lay Boy #3 in 1998. Additionally, he was seen on Just a Lil’ Thick (She Juicy) by Trinidad James in April 2016.
Rapper Mystikal Famous For
- He is an American rapper.
- His popular song, “Shake Ya Ass,” peaked at #13 Billboard Hot 100 in 2000.
Where is Mystikal from?
Mystikal opened his eyes for the very first time on 22nd September 1970 in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S. He was born with the real name of Michael Lawrence Tyler in a Christian religious family. He is American by nationality and African-American by ethnicity. Mystikal’s present age is 51 which he celebrated back in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Virgo. Thus, his race is black. Mystikal’s father, who ran a small neighborhood store, died when Tyler was seven whereas his mother’s details are not known. He also had one sister named Michelle Tyler who was also a singer. His sister sadly died in September 1994 as she was found dead in her bedroom, having been stabbed and strangled. Her boyfriend at the time, Damion Neville, was charged with murder but later acquitted due to a lack of evidence and a recanted confession.
Moving to Mystikal’s education, he attended Cohen High School. After graduating from high school, Mystikal attended psychology and business classes in the army.
Rapper Mystikal Career
- Mystikal kicks off his singing career releasing his debut album, “Mystikal” in 1994 which was one of Big Boy’s most successful albums and gained major success for Mystikal.
- Then he signed to rival Cash Money but, they dissed him on tracks like “Drag ‘Em in Tha River” by U.N.L.V. and “Fuck Big Boy” by The B.G.’z.
- In 1995, he signed to Jive and released “Mind of Mystikal” as well as signed to Master P’s No Limit in 1996 and released “Unpredictable” in November 1997.
- Also, he collaborated with Mariah Carey on her Rainbow album on the track ‘Did I Do That’ and he released “Ghetto Fabulous” in 1998 which was his last album with the label, and he and No Limit parted ways in 2000.
- He began recording his fourth album before leaving No Limit in 1999 as “Let’s Get Ready” was released in 2000.
- Later his solo was released in the 2001 album “Tarantula” as well as he was featured prominently in the singles, “Move Bitch” and “I Don’t Give a Fuck”.
- Subsequently, he was indicted on charges of sexual battery and extortion in 2003, and on 15th January 2004, he was sentenced to six years in prison. He served the full six years of his sentence and was released on 14th January 2010.
- His first song after being released from prison was an underground track with former No Limit labelmate Fiend entitled “I Don’t Like You”.
- Later he was signed to Cash Money Records by Birdman on 16th November 2010 and launched his first single for the label, “Original”.
- He also recorded “Feel Right” for Mark Ronson’s Uptown Special in 2014 as well as starred in Stevie Stone’s Single “Rain Dance” in 2015.
- He performed in shows in Bahrain and Bulgaria in January 2016 and was featured on Just a Lil’ Thick (She Juicy) by Trinidad James along with Lil Dicky in April 2016.
- Mystikal was arrested again on 22nd February 2012 following a dispute with his domestic partner and was later given a misdemeanor charge of domestic abuse battery.
- He was given a three-month jail sentence on 16th April for violating the terms of his probation he was given following his release from prison in January 2010. He started serving his sentence on the 14th of May at the East Baton Rouge Parish Jail. He was released from jail in August 2012.
- Later he turned himself into the Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Department after a warrant was issued for his arrest on 21st August 2017.
- He was eventually charged with rape and was held at the Caddo Correctional Center on a $3 million bond until 14th February 2019, when he was able to post bond.
- On 17th December 2020, the rape charges were dismissed due to a lack of evidence.
- Moreover, Mystikal was arrested in Ascension Parish, Louisiana on 31st July 2022 and according to WDSU Louisiana, he faces the following five charges: simple criminal damage to property; false imprisonment; domestic abuse, battery, and strangulation; simple robbery; and first-degree rape. This is the third time Tyler has been publicly accused of sexual assault.
Is Rapper Mystikal married?
Mystikal is an unmarried singer. He was in a relationship with a singer, rapper, and actor named Monica with whom he later got separated. Then he was in love with author Karrine Steffans, who went on to reveal intimate details of their affair in her autobiography “The Vixen Diaries”. After that, he dated Nivea from 2000-2001. Mystikal is also a blessed father of a son named Million and a daughter named My’chelle. Currently, he seems to be single. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Rapper Mystikal Net Worth
Mystikal has established himself an identity already. He has a net worth of $1 million as of 2022 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. He’s living an American dream and he has the access to all the world’s luxury and comfort. In addition, Mystikal’s major source of income is his rapper career and he is happy and satisfied with the profession he is in.
How tall is Mystikal?
Mystikal is 5 ft 11 in or 180 cm tall and his body weighs around 88 kg or 194 pounds. He has a good-looking bald head and dark brown eyes color. Besides, his body build type is average. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women.