Nampalys Mendy is a very flamboyant and versatile French footballer who gained fame for playing as a defensive midfielder for Premier League club Leicester City. His jersey number is 24. He started his youth career with La Beaucaire Toulon in 1998 when he was six years old. He would later play with Sporting Toulon before being recruited for Monaco as he debuted with Monaco at the senior level in 2010. He is also a defensive midfielder known for his resilience, intelligence, and good distribution of the ball. Mendy played with Nice in Ligue 1 from 2013 before moving to Leicester City in 2016 and debuted with Senegal national team in March 2021 in a match against Congo. Additionally, he received a first call-up to the Senegal national team, making his debut in a goalless draw with Congo in March 2021.
Nampalys Mendy Famous For
- He is a French professional footballer.
- He plays as a defensive midfielder for Premier League club Leicester City.
Where is Nampalys Mendy from?
Nampalys Mendy opened his eyes for the very first time on 23rd June 1992 in La Seyne-Sur-Mer, France. He is French by nationality and mixed by ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is black. Mendy’s present age is 30 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Cancer. He has not shared any details regarding his parents and academic qualification. However, we got to know that, Nampalys is the cousin of fellow footballers Bafetimbi Gomis and Alexandre Mendy.
Who does Nampalys Mendy play for?
- Nampalys Mendy jumps off his football carer with Sporting Toulon where he left in June 2007 and went on trial with the football section of RC Toulon.
- Nampalys signed his first professional contract on 27th April 2010, agreeing to a three-year deal with Monaco until June 2013, and was called up to the first team by manager Guy Lacombe for pre-season training in July 2010.
- He then made his professional debut in the club’s opening league match against Lyon on 7th August 2010 and played the entire 90 minutes, receiving a yellow card in the second half.
- Subsequently, on 19th August 2011, he picked up his first ever red card against Amiens SC, sent off at the 70th-minute mark in a 1-1 draw.
- He played a key role in Monaco’s promotion back to Ligue 1 during the 2012-2013 season and decided to leave Monaco at the end of the season after his contract expired.
- Mendy joined the club on a free transfer and made his debut on 17th August 2013, in a 2-1 win against Stade Rennais.
- As well, he was named captain club captain Didier Digard left for Real Betis on a free transfer at the end of the 2014-2015 season, and new captain Mathieu Bodmer was injured.
- Mendy had the second-highest number of passes behind Thiago Motta (2950), the most passes per game (78), and a passing accuracy of (92%), the best of any player not a member of Paris Saint-Germain.
- Nampalys moved to English Premier League champions Leicester City on 3rd July 2016 and played his first competitive game for Leicester in a 2-1 defeat to Manchester United in the 2016 FA Community Shield on 7th August, coming on as a 63rd-minute substitute for Andy King.
- On 20th August 2016, he sadly suffered an ankle injury on his league debut at home against Arsenal and was substituted in the 53rd minute.
- Apparently, he rejoined Nice on loan on 31st July 2017 and signed a two-year contract extension with the club on 24th August 2020.
- He was left out of Leicester’s final 25-man Premier League squad for the 2021-2022 season on 10th September 2021. But, Mendy was then included again when the squad was updated after the January 2022 transfer window.
- Nampalys Mendy is a former French youth international having earned caps at the under-17, under-18, and under-19 levels.
- On 29th October 2009, he made his debut with the under-18 team in a friendly match against Denmark and was initially called up to the under-19 team in August 2010 only to play in the Sendai Cup in Japan.
- He was also officially called up to the under-19 team for qualification matches for the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
- He made his debut with the team in a 3-0 victory over San Marino and appeared as a starter in the next two qualification matches against Montenegro and Austria, as France won both matches to finish the round undefeated.
- As well, he was called up to the under-21 team for a friendly match against Russia while still eligible to represent the under-19 and under-20 teams on 9th November 2010.
- He later received a first call-up to the Senegal national team in March 2021, making his debut in a goalless draw with Congo.
Awards and Achievements
- Africa Cup of Nations: 2021
- Africa Cup of Nations Team of the Tournament: 2021
- Leicester City on 30th June 2018 at the end of the loan
- OGC Nice on 31st August 2017 at loan
- Leicester City on 3rd July 2016 at 15.5m euros
- OGC Nice on 1st July 2013 for free
- AS Monaco on 1st July 2010
Is Nampalys Mendy Married?
Nampalys Mendy is an unmarried footballer. He is very much private about his relationship status as he has not shared a word about his love life with the public. It remains a mystery to most of his fans worldwide whether Mendy is single or dating someone. He has remained tight-lipped about his private life in public. Seeing his social media, he is currently assumed to be a single man. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Nampalys Mendy Net Worth 2022
Nampalys Mendy is only thirty years of age and has the gravity of talents ingrained in one person. He has a net worth of $5 million as of 2022 and he also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around £2,548,000 per year and £49,000 per week playing football for his current club. Mendy’s current market value is €3.50m whereas his highest market value was €12.00m as of 1st August 2016. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Nampalys Mendy?
Nampalys Mendy has got an unconventional good look and raw appeal about him. He is 1.67 m (5 ft 6 in) tall and his body weighs around 68kg. He has short black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.