Remko Jurian Pasveer, professionally known as Remko Pasveer is a Dutch professional footballer. He comes to light for playing as a goalkeeper for Eredivisie club Ajax and the Netherlands national team. His shirt number is 22. He is also known for being a part of the Netherlands squad that won the 2006 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Portugal. He began playing football at the local SC Enschede. Also, Remko was the second oldest player to ever debut for the Dutch national team, after Sander Boschker in 2010 at the age of 39. Moreover, he made his debut for the Netherlands as a starter against Poland in a 2022-2023 UEFA Nations League match on 22nd September 2022.
Remko Pasveer Famous For
- Remko is a Dutch professional footballer.
- He plays as a goalkeeper for Eredivisie club Ajax and the Netherlands national team.
Where is Remko Pasveer from?
Remko Pasveer took birth on 8th November 1983 with the real name of Remko Jurian Pasveer in Enschede, Netherlands. Being born in the Netherlands, he holds Dutch nationality and belongs to mixed ethnic background. Likewise, he follows the Christian religion and his race is white. Remko recently celebrated his 39th birthday in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Scorpio. He is the son of his father, Eddie Pasveer who is also a goalkeeping coach. His mother’s details have not been disclosed yet.
Remko Pasveer Football Career
- Remko Pasveer conceived his football career at local SC Enschede after which he moved to FC Twente, where he was reserve goalkeeper from 2003 to 2006, behind Cees Paauwe and Sander Boschker.
- Remko joined the club in 2006 and was sent on loan to Go Ahead Eagles in the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons, who at the time played in the second-tier Eerste Divisie.
- He then returned to Heracles for the 2010-2011 season and remained as a starter for four years, after which he decided not to sign a contract extension.
- Remko signed a three-year contract with PSV in 2014, where he had to compete with first goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet.
- Then on 21st August of the following year, he made his official debut for the Eindhoven-based club, during the first of two legs against Belarusian club Shakhtyor Soligorsk in the final qualifying round for the 2014-2015 UEFA Europa League. He played the entire match, which his club won 1-0 at home.
- He made his league debut for the club on matchday 32 against Excelsior and won the national title with PSV for the second time in a row on 8th May 2016.
- Remko did not make a league appearance that season, but only played in the cup tournament however, he made his UEFA Champions League debut on 1st November 2016.
- Pasveer joined Vitesse in July 2017 and made his debut on 5th August 2017 during the lost game for the Johan Cruyff Shield against Feyenoord.
- His first year under head coach Leonid Slutsky was difficult, but eventually, he grew into a starter and team captain.
- Subsequently, in the 2019-2020 season, he was voted “Player of the Year” by Vitesse fans.
- Remko signed a two-year contract with Ajax on 23rd April 2021, joining the club on a free transfer from 1st July, and made his debut for the club on 7th August in a 4-0 loss to PSV in the Johan Cruyff Shield.
- Also, he earned a record as the first goalkeeper to stop three direct shots on goal from Norwegian striker Erling Haaland in a UEFA Champions League match on 19th October 2021.
- Apparently, he kept a clean sheet once more, in a regular season match, as Ajax defeated his former club, and rivals PSV Eindhoven 5-0 at home.
- On 7th November 2021, he conceded only 2 goals in the domestic league prior to matchday 12, played which proved to be a record, as no goalkeeper in the Eredivisie had conceded so few goals during the first 12 games before.
- Remko Pasveer was part of the Netherlands squad that won the 2006 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Portugal.
- He made his debut for the Netherlands as a starter against Poland in a 2022-2023 UEFA Nations League match on 22nd September 2022.
- He was the second oldest player to ever debut for the Dutch national team, after Sander Boschker in 2010 at the age of 39.
Awards and Achievements
- KNVB Cup runner-up: 2011-2012
- Eredivisie: 2014-2015, 2015-2016
- Johan Cruyff Shield: 2016, 2017
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship: 2006
- Vitesse Player of the Year: 2019-2020
- Ajax on 1st July 2021 for free
- Vitesse on 5th July 2017 for 450K euros
- PSV Eindhoven on 1st July 2014 for free
- Heracles Almelo on 30th June 2010 at the end of the loan
- Go Ahead Eagles on 1st July 2008 at loan
Is Remko Pasveer married or dating?
Remko Pasveer is an unmarried man. He remains relatively quiet when it comes to sharing his private life and makes it a point to stay out of the public eye. There is not much about his personal relationship and girlfriend as he always maintains a distance in his love life and media. He’s in fact got a lot going on for him career-wise, so probably he does not have much time left for relationships and all. So as of now, it is unclear if Remko is dating anyone or not. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Remko Pasveer’s Net Worth?
Remko Pasveer has a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2022 and he also has a considerable amount of salary which is around £520,000 per year. He has reached great heights in his career already and he still has a lot more to do. With a tremendous amount of net worth, he is living a lavish and luxurious life. His current market value is €250k whereas his highest market value was €1.25m as of 11th February 2014. Moreover, his major source of income is his football career and he is sincere in his work.
Remko Pasveer Height and Weight
Remko Pasveer stands at a tall height of 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in) with a balanced body weight of 194 lb / 88 kg. He has good-looking grey hair and dark brown eyes color. His heartwarming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradually escalating popularity in sports make him the perfect catch. Additionally, his body build type is athletic.