Nikkie de Jager is a Dutch Professional makeup artist and beauty vlogger. She is best known for her YouTube beauty channel NikkieTutorials. She rose to prominence after her YouTube video, “The Power of Makeup” went viral in 2015.
On January 13, 2020, Nіkkіе rеvеаlеd tо thе рublіс thаt ѕhе іѕ trаnѕgеndеr. Ѕhе dіd thіѕ аnnоunсеmеnt vіа а YоuТubе video tіtlеd “І’m Соmіng Оut”. She also explained that she was blackmailed into coming out. Nikkie has been living as a woman since the age of six and she fully transitioned aged 19.
Nikkie de Jager is also an Instagram star with over 14m followers on her Instagram account @nikkietutorials. She has also over 2.2m followers on her Twitter account @NikkieTutorials.
She has over 13.5m subscribers on her official YouTube channel @ NikkieTutorials.
What is Nikkie de Jager famous for?
- Famous as a Professional makeup artist and beauty vlogger.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Nikkie de Jager from?
Nikkie De Jager was born on March 2, 1994, in Wageningen, Netherlands. Her mother is also a beautician who runs her own online shop. However, Nikkie hasn’t disclosed the identity of her parents yet. She had two brothers but her younger brother Mikai had passed away in May 2018.
Nikkie holds a Dutch nationality and belongs to a Caucasian White ethnic background. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Her religion is Christianity.
She enrolled at B Academy, Amsterdam in makeup coursework.
Nikkie de Jager Career Highlights
- Nikkie de Jager inspired by Lauren Conrad’s makeup after watching MTV’s The Hills while she was sick. She then started searching tutorials to recreate the look on YouTube. She uploaded her first YouTube video at the age of 14 in 2008.
- Thereafter, she began uploading makeup tutorials every week, and her channel “NikkieTutorials” became The Netherlands’ most subscribed and most-watched beauty channel in a very short period of time.
- In 2011, she signed to Colourfool Agency and started working as a professional makeup artist.
- In 2013, she had started working as the head makeup artist for the RTL 5 show “I Can Make You a Supermodel” with Paul Fisher.
- In 2014, she left the Colourfool Agency to work as a freelance hair and makeup artist. At the end of 2014, Nikkie shared the picture of her lips from her review of “MAC Viva Glam Rihanna 2” on her social media platforms that set was selected by Rihanna to be her Twitter header.
- In 2015, her Youtube video, “The Power of Makeup” became viral and it brought huge popularity.“The Power of Make-up” was an online movement. It broke the internet with the half face of girls with make-up and the other half with the natural look and that half make-up face went trend because she was unrecognized by the people out there in her natural look.
- In 2017, Nikkie uploaded a video reviewing a foundation produced by a Prague-based cosmetics brand and stated that the company using her image, specifically a screenshot from her “The Power of Makeup” video to sell their products on social media without her permission.
- In September 2017, she participated in the Dutch game show The Big Escape.
- In January 2019, it was announced that Nikkie would serve as the Global Beauty Adviser for Marc Jacobs Beauty.
- She participated in the 19th season of the popular Dutch reality game show, ” Wie is de Mol?” in January 2019, but she left the competition in the third episode. The same year, she has also appeared as a guest judge on BBC Three’s version of Glow Up.
- She has collaborated with beauty brands Ofra, and Maybelline. She has also collaborated with Lady Gaga, promoting her makeup brand Haus Laboratories in December 2019.
- In January 2020, she appeared as a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she talked about her experience coming out as transgender.
- On February 10, 2020, it was announced that Nikkie would be the online host of the Eurovision Song Contest 2020, which was going to be held in Rotterdam, the Netherlands but the event was later canceled due to to to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Later, She appeared as co-host in the replacement show Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light which was broadcast on May 16, 2020.
- On June 12, 2020, it was announced that Nikkie will be a goodwill ambassador at the United Nations.
Nikkie de Jager’s Awards and Achievements
- In 2017, she won the “YouTube Guru” award at the Shorty Awards and the “Choice Fashion/Beauty Web Star” award at the Teen Choice Awards.
- She was named as one of the top ten beauty “influencers” by Forbes magazine in 2017.
- In 2018, she was honored by E! People’s Choice Awards as “The Beauty Influencer of 2018”.
Source: [email protected]
Who is Nikkie de Jager’s boyfriend?
Nikkie de Jager is unmarried but not single. She is dating Dylan Drossaers since 2018 and they got engaged during a trip to Italy in August 2019. The couple is planning to marry soon.
Previously, she had dated her ex-boyfriend Rick Smit from 2013 but after a long-term relationship, the couple parted ways in May 2018.
How Tall is Nikkie de Jager?
Nikkie de Jager is 26 years old as of 2020. She is a gorgeous lady with a fair skin tone. She has perfectly maintained an hour-glass body. She stands at a height of 1.9 m (6 feet and 2 inches) tall and her body weighs around 92 kg (203 lbs.). Her body measurements are 44-34-40 inches. She wears a bra size of 40B and a shoe size of 11(UK). Her eye color is Blue and her hair color is Dark Brown.
How much is Nikkie De Jager’s Net Worth?
Nikkie de Jager earns from her career as a professional makeup and hair artist. Her major source of earnings is from her YouTube channel @nikkietutorials. Her net worth is estimated to be $6million as of 2020. Apparently, she makes over $1million per year from her YouTube channel @ NikkieTutorials.