Phoebe Lucille Bridgers known as Phoebe Bridgers is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, and producer. She is best known for her debut album “Stranger in the Alps” which was named the best album of 2017 by the social networking site Pebble. Her second studio album debuted at number 6 on the UK album charts week ending July 2, 2020. She is also a part of the musical groups Boygenius and Better Oblivion Community Center. Her music has been featured in Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’, ABC’s ‘Castle’, ABC’s family show ‘Switched at Birth’, CBC’s ‘Burden of Truth’, and in a commercial for Apple iPhone 5s.
On February 4, 2021, Phoebe Bridgers voiced her support for the women coming forward with allegations of abuse against singer Marilyn Manson. She shared her own experience through a tweet. She wrote: “I went to Marilyn Manson’s house when I was a teenager with some friends. I was a big fan. He referred to a room in his house as the ‘r*pe room’, I thought it was just his horrible frat boy sense of humor. I stopped being a fan. I stand with everyone who came forward.”
She is quite active on social media platforms with around 716k followers on Instagram @Phoebe Bridgers and around 322.9k followers on [email protected]
What is Phoebe Bridgers famous for?
- Her album “Stranger in the Alps” and “Punisher”.
- Being a part of the musical groups Boygenius and Better Oblivion Community Center.
Where is Phoebe Bridgers from?
Phoebe Bridgers was born in Pasadena, California, the USA on August 17, 1994. Her birth name is Phoebe Lucille Bridgers. She was born to her mother, Jamie who held various jobs including a phone sex worker, pot seller, and executive assistant. Her father was a film and television set builder but his name is unknown. She has a younger brother named Jackson.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Regarding her education, she attended the Sequoyah School in Pasadena. She then enrolled at Los Angeles County High School for the Arts.
Phoebe Bridgers Career Highlights
- Phoebe Bridgers began playing guitar around the age of 13.
- Initially in her career, she played guitar and sang lead vocals in Einstein’s Dirty Secret and
- She also played bass in a scrappy punk band called Sloppy Jane during her high school days.
- On March 31, 2014, Bridgers released her first EP “Killer” which produced by American singer and songwriter Ryan Adams on his record label, PAX AM.
- On September 22, 2017, Bridgers released her debut studio album “Stranger in the Alps” which was produced by Tony Berg and Ethan Gruska.
- On March 12, 2018, Her debut studio album, “Stranger in the Alps” named the best album of 2017 by the social networking site Pebble.
- She appeared on the American TV show, “CBS This Morning: Saturday” and sang Motion Sickness as Scott Street on March 3, 2018.
- Bridgers formed an indie rock group Boygenius along with Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus in 2018. The group’s debut EP “boygenius” was released on October 26, 2018.
- In May 2018, She was featured on a remake of the Lord Huron song, “The Night We Met” for the soundtrack to season 2 of the Netflix television series 13 Reasons Why.
- In 2019, She Teamed up with The National’s Matt Berninger to record a track for “Between Two Ferns: The Movie” called Walking on a String and appeared in the film.
- Phoebe Bridgers formed a band named ‘Better Oblivion Community Center’ along with Conor Oberst and released their self-titled debut album On January 24, 2019, by Dead Oceans.
- On February 26, 2020, she released a song titled ‘Garden Song’ by Dead Oceans. The song was the lead single from her second studio album, “Punisher”.
- On April 3, 2020, Bridgers appeared on a song ‘Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America’ by the English band ‘The 1975’ from their album, Notes on a Conditional Form. She also features three more songs from the same album.
- Bridgers released her second studio album “Punisher” on June 18, 2020, by Dead Oceans. The album received widely positive reviews and debuted at number 6 on the UK album charts week ending July 2, 2020.
- Bridgers produced Christian Lee Huston’s third album Beginners which was released on May 29, 2020.
- Bridgers and Dead Oceans partnered to create a new record label Saddest Factory on October 5, 2020.
- On November 3, 2020, Bridgers tweeted that she would cover ‘Iris’ if Donald Trump lost the 2020 United States presidential election. The cover was recorded as a duet with Maggie Rogers under the name “Phoebe & Maggie” and released on November 13 via Bridgers’ Bandcamp page for one day.
- On November 20, 2020, Bridgers released an EP of four reworked tracks from Punisher titled “Copycat Killer”.
- She released a cover of Merle Haggard’s ‘If We Make It Through December’ through Dead Oceans on November 23, 2020.
- On December 1, 2020, bridgers released a music video for the song ‘Savior Complex’ which was directed by actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge and stars Paul Mescal.
- Bridgers featured on Kid Cudi’s track ‘Lovin Me’ from his album, “Man on the Moon III: The Chosen” which released on December 11, 2020.
- In January 2021, Bridgers featured on Charlie Hickey’s song ‘Ten Feet Tall’.
- On February 6, 2021, Bridgers is set to perform as the musical guest on the TV show, “Saturday Night Live”.
Phoebe Bridgers Awards and Nominations
- Phoebe Bridgers achieved a nomination at Libera Awards under the category of Best American Roots & Folk Album for her debut studio album, Stranger in the Alps in 2018.
- She garnered four nominations at the 63rd Annual Grammy Awards under the categories of Best New Artist, Best Alternative Music Album, Best Rock Performance, and Best Rock Song.
Phoebe Bridgers Boyfriend
Phoebe Bridgers is unmarried but not single. She supposed to be dating an Irish actor, Paul Mescal. Her sexual orientation is bisexual and uses she/her pronouns.
Previously, She had a short-lived romantic relationship with singer and songwriter, Ryan Adams in 2014 but they separated later. Her song “Motion Sickness” is about the end of their relationship. In a report by The New York Times, she was one of the several women who accused Adams of sexual misconduct.
She has also dated touring drummer and musical collaborator Marshall Vore around 2017. Her song “ICU” is about the end of their relationship. However, they remain friends and collaborators.
Source: [email protected]
Phoebe Bridgers Height and Weight
Phoebe Bridgers is a gorgeous lady with a slim body build. she stands at 1.54m (5 feet and 1 inch) tall and her body weighs around 45kg (99 lbs.). Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is Blonde. However, she often tends to dye her hair white.
Phoebe Bridgers Net Worth
Phoebe Bridgers has earned a good fortune from her career as a singer, and songwriter. Her primary source of income is her music career. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $5 million.