Priscilla Chan, an American philanthropist, and a former pediatrician is well recognized for being the wife of a co-founder and CEO of Facebook, Inc. creator, Mark Zuckerberg. She and Zuckerberg established the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative in December 2015, with a pledge to transfer 99 percent of their Facebook shares, then valued at $45 billion. Priscilla began her career as a pediatrician whereas she previously taught science at Harker School. As well, she co-founded “The Primary School”, a nonprofit organization in 2016 that would provide K-12 education as well as prenatal care, in East Palo Alto, California. She is also the board chair of the school.
- Being an American philanthropist and a former pediatrician.
- For being the wife of a co-founder and CEO of Facebook, Inc. creator, Mark Zuckerberg.
What is Priscilla Chan Nationality?
Priscilla Chan opened her eyes for the very first time on 24th February 1985 in Braintree, Massachusetts, United States. She holds American nationality and she belongs to mixed ethnicity as she is of Chinese and Vietnamese descent. Similarly, her religion is Buddhist and her race is white. Chan’s present age is 36 which she celebrated recently in 2021. As per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Pisces. Her father, Dennis Chan owned a restaurant in Massachusetts, which he later sold to run a wholesale fish company in 2006. Chan’s mother’s name is Yvonne Chan. She has two younger sisters named Elaine Chan and Michelle Chan.
Talking about Chan’s education, she attended Harvard University in 2003 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology in 2007. She then entered the University of California, San Francisco in 2008, where she finished her pediatrics residency in 2015. She is the first college graduate in her family.
Priscilla Chan Career Timeline
- Priscilla Chan and Zuckerberg have pledged about $4.6 billion to charities, including a donation of $75 million to San Francisco General Hospital, where Chan worked.
- They gave 18 million Facebook shares in 2013 to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation and “The Chronicle of Philanthropy” placed the couple at the top of its list of 50 most generous American philanthropists for that year.
- Then Chan and Zuckerberg posted an open Facebook letter to their newborn daughter on 1st December 2015. They pledged to transfer 99 percent of their Facebook shares, then valued at $45 billion, to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, which is their new limited liability company that focuses on health and education.
- Priscilla handles the day-to-day operations at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and her charitable goals focus on education, healthcare, and science.
- As well in March 2017, Chan was one of six nominated for The San Francisco Chronicle’s third annual Visionary of the Year award.
Priscilla Chan Husband: Who is she married to?
Priscilla Chan is a married woman. She tied a knot with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg on 19th May 2012, the day after the site’s IPO. The pair announced the birth of their daughter, Maxima Chan Zuckerberg, on 1st December 2015. On 28th August 2017, Chan gave birth to their second daughter, whom they named August. Priscilla’s and Mark’s relationship is outstanding till now and hope it will remain as same as in the future too.
Everything You Need To Know About Mark Zuckerberg
Reflecting on Chan’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Priscilla Chan Net Worth?
Priscilla Chan has a net worth of $50 billion as of 2021 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is also around millions of dollars per year. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. In addition, her major source of income is from her philanthropist and a former pediatrician career and Priscilla is sincere in her work.
What is the Height of Priscilla Chan?
Priscilla Chan stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 65 kg or 143.5 lbs. She has black hair and dark brown eyes color. She could carry off any look with great simplicity. Moreover, Chan has a slim body build 34-24-34 inches of body measurement.