Sean Durkin is a Canadian film director, screenwriter, and producer who is well known for his work as a writer and director of the popular movie, “Martha Marcy May Marlene”(2011). For his work in the movie, he even won the Dramatic Directing Award at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
He also earned recognition for his short film, “Mary Last Seen”(2010), which even won the award for best short film at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival Directors’ Fortnight.
His latest recognizable work includes the movie, “The Nest”(2020) which he wrote, directed, and produced all by himself. Besides, he isn’t active on social media sites yet.
What is Sean Durkin Famous for?
- Famous as a film director.
- Known for directing his movie, “Martha Marcy May Marlene”(2011).
Where is Sean Durkin From?
Sean Durkin was born on December 9, 1981, in Canada. His birth name is Timothy Sean Durkin. His nationality is Canadian. Durkin belongs to the White ethnicity while Sagittarius is his zodiac sign.
Born in Canada, Sean moved to England with his family shortly after his birth where he was raised in North London and Surrey until his family moved to Manhattan when he was 12.
He attended Kent School from where he got graduated in 2000, following which he attended the film school at New York University. He graduated from the university in 2005 delivering his thesis film in 2006.
Two years later, he moved to Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2008. Besides, he was into writing short fiction and also photography as a kid.
Sean Durkin’s Career Highlights
- Sean Durkin started his career as a director of a short film, “Mary Last Seen” in 2010. The short film was a hit that it even won the award for best short film at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival Directors’ Fortnight.
- Following the success of the film, he wrote and directed the thriller film, “Martha Marcy May Marlene”(2011). It also turned out to be a successful movie earning him the Dramatic Directing Award at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
- He then directed the Channel 4 drama series, “Southcliffe” in 2013.
- After almost 7 years of his absence, he went on to write, direct and produce the psychological thriller film, “The Nest” in 2020.
Sean Durkin’s Dating and Relationship
Sean Durkin doesn’t seem to be in a relationship at moment. He isn’t active on social media sites either.
Sean Durkin’s Net Worth
Sean Durkin has quite good earnings from his professional career as a director. Having his career started with the short film, “Mary Last Seen” in 2010, Sean has managed to establish himself as one of the popular directors in a very less run of his career. He surely makes quite a good fortune which is estimated to be around $2.5 million.
Sean Durkin’s Height
Sean Durkin is a good-looking man with an average body physique in his 30s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inch.(1.65 m) while his body weighs around 75kg(187 lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and green eyes.