Sergi Canos Tenes, excellently known as Sergi Canos is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a winger for Premier League club Brentford. He made his senior debut in the Football League Championship with Brentford while on loan from Liverpool. He scored his first career senior goal against Nottingham Forest. He began his youth career with Nules, his hometown team before his play earned him time playing youth soccer with Barcelona and, finally, Liverpool. Sergi has also represented his native Spain at the U15, U16, U17, and U19 levels. Additionally, he scored the club’s first Premier League goal in a 2-0 win over Arsenal on the opening night of Brentford’s 2021-2022 season.
Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Brentford: Sergi Canos own goal
Antonio Conte’s unbeaten league start as Tottenham boss continued as they kept pace with the top four with a comfortable win over a lackluster Brentford. A 12th-minute own goal from right wing-back Sergi Canos gave them the lead before Son Heung-min finished off a scintillating counter-attack in the second half. The opener came from a Son dinked cross after a short corner, with Pontus Jansson’s clearing header ricocheting off Ben Davies and onto Canos before flying into the roof of the net. Spurs pressed for more goals, with Son denied from range in the first half, while Harry Kane saw a one-on-one effort well saved by Alvaro Fernandez after the break. Son got the goal that his performance, and Spurs’ display, deserved when he latched onto Sergio Reguilon’s cross to tap home from six yards. It was a limp display from Brentford, with their only shot on target in the whole game a tame left-footed effort from Ivan Toney. Tottenham climb to sixth – two points behind West Ham in fourth – while Brentford slips to 12th.
- Being a Spanish professional footballer.
- For playing as a winger for Premier League club Brentford.
Sergi Canos Birthplace: Where is from Sergi Canos?
Sergi Canos stepped for the very first time into the world on 2nd February 1997 in Nules, Spain. He was born with the real name of Sergi Canos Tenes in a Christian religious family. He holds Spanish nationality and belongs to Spanish-white ethnic background. Sergi’s present age is 24 which he celebrated recently in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Aquarius. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of his father Pepe Canos. He also has one younger sister.
Sergi Canos Football Career Timeline
- Sergi Canos conceived his football career in the youth system at hometown club Nules, before rejecting attention from Valencia, Villareal and Atletico Madrid to join Barcelona’s academy in 2010.
- Sergi moved to England to sign for Premier League club Liverpool at the age of 16 in 2013 and progressed through the U18 team during the 2013-2014 season to make his debut for the club’s reserves in August 2014.
- He appeared in every match of Liverpool’s 2014-2015 UEFA Youth League campaign and scored one goal as well as he made what would prove to be his only senior appearance for Liverpool as a late substitute for Sheyi Ojo in the 1-1 draw.
- Then he departed the club on 12th July 2016.
- Canos joined Championship club Brentford on a loan on 31st August 2015 which was later extended until the end of the 2015-2016 season where he made the first senior appearance of his career as a late substitute for Philipp Hofmann in a 1-1 draw with Leeds United at Elland Road on 12th September.
- He broke into the starting lineup and the day after extending his loan and scored Brentford’s Goal of the Season versus Reading on 28th December.
- Later he scored four further goals during the second half of the season and finished with seven goals from 39 appearances.
- Sergi signed a four-year contract with Championship club Norwich City for an undisclosed fee on 13Th July 2016, reported to be an initial £2.5 million, which could have risen to £4.5 million.
- He scored his first goals for the club with a brace in a 6-1 EFL Cup second-round thrashing of Coventry City on 23rd August 2016.
- As well, he scored for the U23 team in a 5-0 EFL Trophy group stage win over Barnet on 4th October but failed to break into the squad for league matches and left the club on 31st January 2017, after having made just 9 appearances during the first half of the 2016-2017 season.
Return to Brentford
- Canos rejoined Brentford on a 4+1⁄2-year contract on 31st January 2017, with an option for a further year, and made his second Brentford debut five days later, as a 69th-minute substitute for Florian Jozefzoon during a 3-3 draw with Brighton & Hove Albion.
- He scored the first goals since his return to Griffin Park with a brace in a 5-3 victory over Burton Albion on 18 March and finished the 2016-2017 season with four goals from 18 appearances.
- He made his first appearance of the season (2017-2018) with a start versus Aston Villa on 9th September 2017 but lasted just 33 minutes of the 0-0 draw before suffering a recurrence of the same injury.
- He made his second return of the season as a late substitute in a 3-3 draw with Sunderland on 21st October and scored his first goal of the season on his eighth appearance, in a 3-1 win over west London rivals Fulham on 2nd December. He finished a “frustrating” 2017-2018 season with 31 appearances and three goals.
- Also, he featured predominantly as a starter through the first half of the 2018-2019 season but lost his place to Emiliano Marcondes in early December 2018.
- He started the 2019-2020 season as an ever-present starter on the wing, before suffering a serious knee injury late in a match versus Nottingham Forest on 5th October 2019.
- Later he signed a new four-year contract, with the option of a further year, and returned to outdoor training in February 2020 and due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- He made 15 appearances during the 2019-2020 season, which ended with defeat in the 2020 Championship play-off Final.
- He began the 2020-2021 season primarily in a starting role due to the unavailability and subsequent departure on a loan of Said Benrahma.
- His performances and four goals in December 2020 won him nominations for the Championship Player of the Month and PFA Fans’ Championship Player of the Month awards.
- He also finished the 2020-2021 season with career highs in appearances (55) and goals (9) and celebrated promotion to the Premier League with victory in the 2021 Championship play-off Final.
- Subsequently, he scored the club’s first Premier League goal in a 2-0 win over Arsenal on the opening night of Brentford’s 2021-2022 season, and early in the season, he was deployed as a right wing-back.
- Sergi made his international debut for Spain at U15 level and was a part of the team which reached the quarter-final of the 2012 Copa de Mexico de Naciones.
- He also progressed to play at U16 and U17 level, making six appearances and scoring two goals during the U17s’ unsuccessful qualification campaign for the 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Championship.
- On 20th January 2016, he made his U19 debut in a friendly against Italy and appeared in two of Spain’s three 2016 European U19 Championship unsuccessful elite round qualifiers three months later.
- Brentford on 31/01/2017 for 2.9M €
- Norwich City on 13/07/2016 for 3M €
- Liverpool U23 on 11/05/2016 at the end of the loan
- Brentford on 31/08/2015 at loan
- Liverpool U23 on 01/01/2015 From Liverpool U18
Awards and Achivements
- EFL Championship play-offs: 2021
- Mediterranean International Cup Player of the Tournament: 2013
Sergi Canos Girlfriend: Is he married?
Sergi Canos is an unmarried guy. He is currently in a romantic relationship with his girlfriend, Valeria Emiliani. His girlfriend is a Colombian actress and pop singer, best known for her role in the Netflix original series “Siempre Bruja”. Canos hasn’t unveiled much about his relationship with Emiliani. However, in an Instagram post, he revealed that he would never understand how two people could love each other until he met the love of his life, Emiliani. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Sergi Canos Net Worth: How much is his salary?
Sergi Canos has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around £860,000 per year. In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already. His current market value is €14.00m as of 5th October 2021 which is also his highest market value as of 5th October 2021. Canos has not done endorsement work for any brands yet. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
Sergi Canos Height: How tall is he?
Sergi Canos has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He has 5 feet 9 inches in height. As a footballer, he has a fit, athletic body build that weighs 75 kg. Furthermore, Sergi has light brown hair and hazel eyes.