Stefan Dennis is an Australian actor and singer. He is known for playing the role of cold-hearted and ruthless businessman Paul Robinson in the soap opera “Neighbours” from its first episode in March 1985 until the show’s cancellation in July 2022. He was also a cast member of the Scottish soap opera “River City” produced and set in Glasgow, Scotland. He is also known for his 1989 single “Don’t It Make You Feel Good”, which reached Number 16 on the Irish and UK Singles Chart.
What is Stefan Dennis Known For?
- Being an actor and singer.
- Portraying the role of Paul Robinson in “Neighbours”.
What is Stefan Dennis’s Nationality?
Stefan Dennis was born on 29th October 1958 in Tawonga, Victoria, Australia. He holds Australian nationality and his ethnicity is Australian-White. He has two brothers, Chris, and John. His older brother, John, was killed by a drunk driver at the age of 12. Of the sentencing, Dennis has said: “That driver was fined just $50 for what he did. And that same weekend someone who killed a koala at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary got fined $200. So… well, that’s hard.” His family moved to Queensland for 12 years, where he did most of his schooling. He left school at 15 and took an apprenticeship as a chef. On completion of his chef’s certificate, he moved from the Gold Coast to Melbourne. His present age is 63 as of 2021.
Stefan Dennis Carer Timeline
- Dennis started showing his genuine interest in music and acting at the age of seven and when he was eleven, he started in amateur theatre in Queensland.
- His debut with this first theatre company was in Oliver!
- Then, he and his brother formed a vocal duo and performed on many occasions including weddings, charity events, and some large concerts.
- When he was 14, he was convinced he wanted to go into the entertainment business.
- In the following five years, he worked hard to gain knowledge and experience.
- In 1989, he started a side-line music career and released the single “Don’t It Make You Feel Good”, which reached No. 16 in the UK Singles Chart, in May of that year.
- Also, he released a second single, “This Love Affair”, which reached No. 67 in the UK in October 1989.
- He started out in guest roles on programs such as Cop Shop, Skyways, Carson’s Law, Young Ramsay, Prisoner, Home, The Henderson Kids, The Sullivans, The Young Doctors and Sons and Daughters, and many others.
- He had a major role in The Henderson Kids, a co-lead in an ABC children’s show called Infinity Limited.
- Also, he co-starred in The Flying Doctors mini-series.
- Further, he auditioned for the roles of Shane Ramsay and Des Clarke in a new soap opera, Neighbours in the year 1984.
- After he moved to the UK, he worked on a variety of TV shows and theatre productions.
- In 1994, he played Mickey in “Blood Brothers”.
- He appeared in many television shows, including Dream Team, River City, The Bill, and Casualty.
- He then returned to Australia from time to time for guest roles in shows such as Blue Heelers, Good Guys Bad Guys, and Stingers.
- He was part of the team that set a new world record in 1995 for 24-hour endurance outdoor karting.
- While in the UK, he became a partner in Lex Film Entertainment and was an associate producer on the film The Truth About Love.
- He returned to Neighbours at the end of 2004, and was a regular character once again as of 2005, signing a three-year contract that ran to the end of 2008.
- In 2013, he sang and appeared as Santa Claus in the music video for his Neighbours co-star Alan Fletcher’s song “If You Want a Happy Christmas”.
- He also hosted a documentary special celebrating Neighbours’ 30th anniversary titled Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite, which aired in Australia and the UK in March 2015.
- In the year 2018, he appeared in the recurring role of Michael Armstrong QC in the sixth series of Wentworth.
Who is Stefan Dennis’s Wife?
Stefan Dennis is a married man. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife, Gail Easdale when in the U.K. The couple has two sons, Cameron and Declan, and a daughter Darci. The family is now living in Australia. His sexual orientaiton is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he dated Natalie Imbruglia and Gayle Blakeney in the 90s while they were co-starring on Neighbours with him.
How much is Stefan Dennis’s Net Worth?
Stefan Dennis is a renowned actor and singer who has appeared in many movies and TV shows. His net worth is estimated to have $5 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from his acting career whereas he is also making a cool amount of money from his music career. His annual salary is around $1 Million. He is living a cool lifestyle at present.
How tall is Stefan Dennis?
Stefan Dennis is a handsome man with a standing height of 5 feet 8 inches or 1.74 m. His body weight consists of 63 KG. His body type is slim. He has got a healthy body with a charming face. He has a pair of black eyes and his hair color is grey.