Stewart Cink is an American professional golfer who currently plays on the PGA Tour. In 1995, he turned professional. He was named Nike Tour Player of the Year in 1996 and PGA Tour Rookie of the Year in 1997. Cink has seventeen professional wins which include 8 PGA Tour, 2 European Tour, 3 Korn Ferry Tour, and 4 others. He won the 2009 Open Championship, defeating Tom Watson in a four-hole aggregate playoff. He spent over 40 weeks in the top 10 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 2004 to 2009, reaching a career-best ranking of 5th on 6th July 2008. During his time at Georgia Tech, he played golf for the Yellow Jackets. His son, Reagan Cink is his Caddie.
Stewart Cink drops 16-foot birdie putt at The RSM Classic
In his second round at the RSM Classic, Stewart Cink hit 4 of 14 fairways and 6 of 18 greens in regulation, finishing at 3 over for the tournament. Cink finished his day tied for 136th at 3 over; Talor Gooch is in 1st at 13 under; John Huh and Sebastián Muñoz are tied for 2nd at 12 under, and Mackenzie Hughes and Taylor Moore are tied for 4th at 11 under. He got a bogey on the 407-yard par-4 16th, getting on the green in 3 and two putting, moving Cink to 2 over for the round. On the 192-yard par-3 17th, Cink’s tee shot went 205 yards to the right intermediate rough, tee shot was a drop, his second shot went 14 yards to the right side of the fairway, his second shot was a drop, and his chip went 15 yards to the green where he rolled a one-putt for bogey. This moved him to 3 over for the round. On the 417-yard par-4 first, Cink had a bogey after hitting the green in 3 and two putting, moving Cink to 6 over for the round. At the 204-yard par-3 third, Cink hit a tee shot 190 yards at the green, setting himself up for the 11-foot putt for birdie. This moved Cink to 6 over for the round. He reached the green in 2 and sunk a 16-foot putt for birdie on the 409-yard par-4 fifth hole. This moved Cink to 5 over for the round. He then got on the green in 4 and two-putt for bogey, bringing Cink to 6 over for the round on the 582-yard par-5 seventh. He had a 379-yard drive to the primary rough. He ended up getting on the green in 3 and two-putting for a bogey on the 452-yard par-4 ninth which moved him to 7 over for the round.
What is Stewart Cink Famous For?
- Being an American professional golfer.
- For winning the 2009 Open Championship where he defeated Tom Watson.
Where is Stewart Cink From? Know About His Family, Nationality, and College
Stewart Cink was born on 21st May 1973, in Huntsville, Alabama, the USA with the birth name of Stewart Ernest Cink. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. He celebrated his 48th birthday as of 2021. Gemini is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. Cink has not stated anything about his parent’s and siblings’ details to the media.
Focusing on his education, Cink attended and graduated from Bradshaw High School in the year 1991. Then, he enrolled at Georga Tech and graduated from there in 1995 with a degree in Management, where he played golf for the Yellow Jackets. He also won the Mexican Open and three events on the Nike Tour (now the Korn Ferry Tour).
Stewart Cink Career Timeline
- Stewart Cink turned professional in 1995 and after a year, he joined the PGA Tour.
- In 1997, he won the Canon Greater Hartford Open in his rookie season. He next wins at the 2000 MCI Classic.
- In the 2001 U.S. Open, he missed the playoff by a single stroke with a bogey on the 72nd hole.
- He wins the fifth-place on the money list and also he wins at the MCI Heritage and at the WGC-NEC Invitational, which is one of the World Golf Championships events.
- He was the runner-up in the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship on 24th February 2008.
- He reached his highest ever ranking, sixth, in the Official World Golf Rankings with his victory at the Travelers Championship in suburban Hartford in June 2008.
- He won his first major title at the 138th Open Championship on 19th July 2009 at Turnberry, Scotland defeating Tom Watson by six strokes.
- He then played the 2016-2017 season using a career money lost exemption.
- He also co-hosts the East Lake Invitational with Billy Andrade at East Lake Golf Club.
- On 13th September 2020, he won the Safeway Open for his first win since the 2009 Open Championship.
- He also won the RBC Heritage for the third time on 18th April 2021.
- Furthermore, he became the fourth player to win twice in the same PGA Tour season after turning 47, the others being Sam Snead, Julius Boros, and Kenny Perry (who did it two times). He broke the lowest 36-hole score and 54-hole score record for the tournament.
Awards and Achievements
- Nike Tour leading money winner in 1996
- Nike Tour Player of the Year in 1996
- PGA Tour Rookie of the Year in 1997
- Payne Stewart Award in 2017
Who is Stewart Cink Wife?
Stewart Cink is a married man to his beautiful wife, Lisa Cink. The happily married couple is blessed with two children; two sons namely Connor and Reagan. Both of his sons are currently in University. They have been married for more than two decades.
Stewart and Lisa had a private wedding in the late 1990s. Today, the duo is living a happy life without any disturbances with their children. He is currently residing in Duluth, Georgia. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Stewart Cink Net Worth: How much is he making annually?
Stewart Cink is a professional golfer who has accumulated a net worth of $40 Million as of 2021. In the year 2008, when Cink was ranked at 5 number by World Golf Federation, he earned around $4 Million in the year, making him one of the highest earners in the year. In the year 2020, due to COVID, the number of Tours was reduced, but he made almost $1.5 Million winning several tournaments. His main and only source of wealth is from his golf career. On 18th April 2021, he won the RBC Heritage, taking home a $1.2 million purse. He turned pro in 1995 and participated in several golf tournaments such as the Mexican Open, Nike Tour Championship, MCI Heritage, and WGC-NEC Invitational, among others. Today, he is satisfied with his career earnings and he is living a lavish lifestyle. He is ranked among the best golf player ever to play the game.
How tall is Stewart Cink?
Stewart Cink is a handsome golfer with a pair of pale green eyes and his hair color is bald. He has a tall and perfect height of 6 ft 4 in or 1.93 m. His well-maintained and balanced bodyweight consists of 93 Kg or 14.6 st or 205 lbs. His body type is average. Overall, he has got good health with a glowing face and charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him. His other body measurement is unavailable at a moment.