Karenjit Kaur Vohra is better known by the name Sunny Leone. She is a Canadian-American model, actress, and former adult actress. She initially garnered fame as an adult actress. She was named one of the top 12 adult actresses by Maxim magazine in 2010. After that, she became an actress and starred in numerous Indian movies and television shows. She made her Bollywood debut with the 2012 film, Jism 2 and has starred in numerous films since then.
Besides her professional career, she is also known for her philanthropic works. She has been actively involved in numerous charity works.
What is Sunny Leone Famous For?
- Former top adult actress.
- The actress starred in several Bollywood films.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Sunny Leone From?
Sunny Leone was born on 13 May 1981. Her birth name is Karenjit Kaur Vohra. Her birth place is in Sarnia, Ontario in Canada. She holds Canadian as well as American citizenship. She has Indian ancestry. She was born to Sikh Indian Punjabi parents in Canada. She became an American citizen in 2006. She obtained a resident of India in 2012. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She has a brother named Sundeep Vohra. Her religion is Sikhism. Her mother died in 2008 and her father died in 2010.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Catholic school. The family later moved to the United States to reunite with her grandparents. They first moved to Fort Gratiot, Michigan, and later to Lake Forest, California.
Sunny Leone Career
- Sunny Leone worked at a German bakery, Jiffy Lube. She later worked at a tax and retirement firm. Around the same time, she was also studying to become a nurse.
- However, she chose the adult industry as her career. She took the name, Sunne Leone.
- She was featured in several magazines in the 2000s including Penthouse, Hustler, Cheri, Mystique, High Society, Swank, etc.
- After she signed a three-year contract with Vivid Entertainment, she transitioned more into the hardcore adult industry. She stated that she would only do lesbian scenes. She starred in several adult movies.
- Her movie, Virtual Vivid Girl Sunny Leon won her first AVN Award (Best Interactive DVD).
- She signed a six-film contract extension with Vivid in 2007. She agreed to perform for the first time with men on camera but only with her fiance, Matt Erikson. She later starred with other male actors as well.
- She also made movies with her future husband, Daniel Weber. Weber performed under the name, Ariel King.
- She won the “Web Babe of the Year” at the 2008 Xbiz Awards.
- She launched her own studio, Sunlust Pictures in 2009. Her studio released several movies.
- She also began working with other studios in 2009.
- Her site sunnyleone.com was named Adult Star Site of the Year at the 2012 XBIZ Awards.
- She retired from the adult industry in 2013.
- During her career as an adult actress, she also starred in several mainstream movies as well.
- Leone made her debut in the Indian entertainment industry in 2011 when she competed in the Indian reality series, Big Boss 5. She entered the house on day 49 and was evicted on Day 91.
- While at Big Boss house, she was approached for the lead role in the film, Jism 2. She accepted the role.
- She made her Bollywood with the erotic thriller film, Jism 2 in 2012.
- She has been co-hosting the Indian reality TV show, Splitsvilla since 2014.
- She later starred in Ragini MMS 2, Jackpot, Ek Paheli Leela, One Night Stand, and Tera Intezaar among others.
- She made her Tamil film debut with the 2014 film, Vadacurry and made her Telugu film debut with the 2014 film, Current Theega.
- She has also been featured in several hit item songs in Bollywood including Hate Story 2’s “Pink Lips”.
- Her auto biopic web series, “Karenjit Kaur – The Untold Story of Sunny Leone” was released in 2018.
- She published a 12 short stories book, Sweet Dreams in 2016.
Source: [email protected]
Sunny Leone husband
Sunny Leone is a married woman. She is married to Daniel Weber. Weber is an actor, producer, and entrepreneur who co-starred with her in some adult movies. The couple adopted their first child, a girl from Latur, a village in Maharashtra. She was named Nisha Kaur Weber. The couple announced the birth of their twin boys via surrogacy in 2018. Their boys were named Asher Singh and Noah Singh. The family lives in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Previously, she dated stand-up comedian Russell Peters. They broke up in 2007. She then dated adult co-star Matt Erikson. Their engagement broke up in 2008.
She had her first kiss at 11. She lost her virginity at 16 with a basketball player. She discovered her bisexuality at 18.
Leone has been actively involved in several philanthropic works. She was one of the several adult actresses who shaved off their pubic hair in protest of the George W. Bush presidency in 2004. She posed for a PETA ad campaign in 2013, encouraging dog and cat owners to have their pets spayed and neutered. PETA named her their “Person of the Year” in 2016.
Source: [email protected]
Sunny Leone Height
Sunny Leone stands at a height of 1.63 m i.e. 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 119 lbs i.e. 54 kg. She has a voluptuous body build. Her hair color is black and her eye color is light brown. Her body measurements are 38-24-36 inches. She received breast augmentation in 2007. Her bra size is 34DD. Her dress size is 8 (US) and her shoe size is 7.5 (US). Her sexual orientation is bisexual.
Sunny Leone Net Worth
Sunny Leone was one of the top adult actresses from the early 2000s until she retired from the adult industry in 2013. Being a top adult actress before retirement, she made a significant fortune out of her career. While an adult actress, she worked in several adult movies. She also worked in several television commercials. After retiring from the adult industry, she became active in the Indian entertainment industry. As of now, she has starred in numerous Bollywood movies. She has also starred in several television reality shows. Summing up all, she has been making her fortune from the entertainment industry. Her net worth is estimated at around $13 million.