Tim White was an American professional wrestling referee. He worked with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) as a producer on the SmackDown! brand. In addition to his refereeing duties, he worked as Andre the Giant’s assistant until Giant’s death in 1993. He left his referee career due to his shoulder injury in 2004.
What is Tim White Famous For?
Where is Tim White From?
Tim White was born on 25 March 1954. His birth name is Timothy Rhys White. His birth place is in Cumberland, Rhode Island in the United States. He held American nationality. He belonged to the white ethnicity and his religion was Christianity. Information about his parents, siblings, early life, and education is not available at present.
Tim White Career
- Tim White started working as Andre the Giant’s agent during the 1980s and 1990s.
- In 1985 he started working as a part-time referee as well.
- After Andre’s death in 1993, he became a full-time referee.
- He frequently appeared on pay-per-views and WWF television tapings.
- He refereed one of the most legendary matches in wrestling history, the legendary Hell in a Cell match between Mankind and The Undertaker at King of the Ring on 28 June 1998.
- He suffered a shoulder injury during a Hell in a Cell match between Triple H and Chris Jericho on Judgement Day in 2002.
- He re-injured his shoulder during the final three counts of the match between Chris Jericho and Christian in 2004.
- His injury ended his referee career.
- He made a controversial on-screen appearance at the Armageddon pay-per-view in December 2005. In a segment, a “despondent” White was interviewed by SmackDown! reporter Josh Mathews inside the bar he owned, the Friendly Tap in Cumberland, Rhode Island. He was depicted drinking large amounts of alcohol, claiming that the aforementioned Hell in a Cell match “ruined his life.”
- White then proceeded to take a shotgun out from under the bar and, off-screen, fired the gun, apparently intending to kill himself.
- It was revealed in January 2006 that White had shot his foot accidentally during the “ordeal”.
- The same month, he was interviewed by Mathews again, this time he tried to hang himself, but the rope broke.
- WWE’s official website uploaded a new video showing Mathews trying to interview White who is about to commit suicide each week in a different way.
- It became a regular segment on WWE’s website and was given the name of Lunchtime Suicide, uploaded every Thursday at lunchtime.
- The April 2006 WWE.com video showed White shooting Mathews. White had invited Mathews to a party at the Friendly Tap.
- He left WWE on 9 January 2009.
- He then provided security for WWE superstars during appearances and autograph signings.
Who is Tim White Wife?
Tim White was a married man. However, he always kept his personal life private. There is not any information about his wife, family, and children.
How Did Tim White Die?
Tim White died at the age of 68 on 19 June 2022. His cause of death has not been released yet. We express our deepest condolences to his family and friends.
What is Tim White Height?
Tim White stood around the height 1.83 m i.e. 6 feet tall. He had a body weight of around 76 kg. He had an average body build. His eye color was hazel and his hair color was black.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Tim White Net Worth?
Tim White was a professional wrestling referee. He worked for WWE for 24 years and refereed some of the legendary wrestling matches in his career. His net worth was estimated at around $2 million.