Tommy Robinson is a British far-right, anti-Islam activist, and Spokesperson from Luton, England who is well-known as the co-founder and former leader of the “English Defence League”. He also served as a political advisor to former UKIP leader Gerard Batten back then and was also a member of the neo-fascist and white nationalist British National Party(BNP).
He holds several illegal criminal records including convictions for violence, financial and immigration frauds, drug possession, and public order offenses. In his decade-long career, he has served at least four separate terms of imprisonment; 2005, 2012, 2014, and 2018. Recently, on November 1, 2020, Robinson was arrested at London’s Speaker’s Corner in Hyde Park for breaking the COVID-19 rules
He doesn’t have any social media accounts as he has been banned by Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube citing violations of their hate speech rules and borderline content. Also, for his excellent work as a journalist, he was given the International Free Press award, also known as the Sappho Prize in January 2020.
What is Tommy Robinson Famous for?
- Famous as a British far-right and anti-Islam activist.
Where is Tommy Robinson From?
Tommy Robinson was born on November 27, 1982, in Luton, Bedfordshire, England. His birth name is Stephen Christopher Yaxley. His nationality is British. Tommy belongs to the White ethnicity while Sagittarius is his zodiac sign.
Tommy Robinson was born as the son of his Irish immigrant parents; his mother used to work at a local bakery while his step-father, Thomas Lennon, worked at the Vauxhall car plant in Luton. His mother got remarried when he was very young.
He grew up in his hometown where he attended a local school after which he went on to study aircraft engineering at Luton Airport. He graduated in 2003 but then lost his job after getting convicted of assaulting an off-duty police officer in a drunken argument. For which he served a 12-month prison sentence.
Shortly after he joined the British National Party in 2004 in which he remained for a year only till 2005.
Tommy Robinson’s Career Highlights
- Tommy Robinson began his career in politics when he became a part of the British National Party in 2004.
- After working for other parties and communities, he along with Kevin Carroll founded the English Defence League(EDL) in 2009. He served as the leader of the organization which he actually founded when he got to know about local Islamists attempting to recruit men to fight for the Taliban in Afghanistan.
- A year later, he founded the European Defence League, a similar organization like EDL.
- Throughout 2011, he got convicted and arrested several times even got sentenced to prison.
- In 2012, he joined the British Freedom Party(BFP) appointed as its joint vice-chairman however, just few months later he resigned to concentrate EDL activities.
- He led the EDL from 2009 until October 2013 however continued as an activist.
- He then got involved with the development of the anti-Islam group, Pegida UK in 2015.
- The same year, his autobiography titled “Enemy of the State” was self-published.
- He was a correspondent for Rebel News, a Canadian far-right website for which he wrote and appeared in its online videos from 2017 to 2018.
- His second self-published book, “Mohammed’s Koran: Why Muslims Kill For Islam” was released in 2017.
- He was involved in a fistfight at Royal Ascot later in June 2017.
- He made false allegations and breached court orders even involving children this time; a 15-year-old refugee boy.
- In March 2018, he was permanently banned from the microblogging site Twitter for violating its rules on “hateful conduct”.
- Later, Facebook and Instagram banned him from their platforms followed by Youtube restricting his account and Snapchat for violating their guidelines.
- He also endorsed Conservative Party leader Boris Johnson as Prime Minister before the 2019 United Kingdom general election.
- He has served several imprisonments; in 2005 for assault, in 2012 for using false travel documents to enter the United States, in 2014 for mortgage fraud, and, in May 2018, committed to prison for 13 months whose case was still ongoing.
- Before his sentencing, he appeared on InfoWars and appealed for political asylum in the United States. However was released from prison on September 13, 2019, after serving 9 weeks.
- On November 1, 2020, Robinson was arrested at London’s Speaker’s Corner in Hyde Park for breaking the COVID-19 rules.
Tommy Robinson’s Wife
Tommy Robinson is a married man. He has been married for years and is even the father of three children. He currently resides along with his family in London. Besides, back on February 14, 2016, he was attacked and treated at a hospital after leaving a nightclub in Essex.
Also, for his excellent work as a journalist, he was given the International Free Press award, also known as the Sappho Prize in January 2020.
Tommy Robinson’s Net Worth
Tommy Robinson has quite good earnings from his career as an activist and politician. He has received several financial supports including £2m worth of donations and sponsorship from foreign sources. He even received over $6,000(£5,000) per month salary while he worked with Rebel Media.
He later received £2m in donations sought by his opponents in 2018. With his work for over a decade, he surely has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $1.2 million.
Tommy Robinson’s Height
Tommy Robinson is a good-looking man in his 30s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inch.(1.70m) while his body weighs around 70kg(154 lbs). He has an average body physique of measurement of 40-32-37 inches with 13 inches as his biceps size.
He has a fair complexion with black hair and brown eyes.