Tony Khan is an American businessman, promoter, and sports executive who is known for his involvement in American football, professional wrestling, and soccer. He is best known as the founder and co-owner of All Elite Wrestling (AEW), in which he also holds the positions of president, chief executive, general manager, and executive producer of the promotion. His father, Shahid Khan, is the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL) and Premier League club Fulham. Tony holds executive roles at both organizations: with the Jaguars, he is the chief football strategy officer and with Fulham, he is the vice-chairman and director of football operations. He is also involved in other business ventures including TruMedia Networks, Activist Artists Management, and Ring of Honor (ROH).
What is Tony Khan Famous For?
- Tony Khan is a businessman, promoter, and sports executive.
- Khan is famous for being the founder, co-owner, president, and CEO of All Elite Wrestling as well as the owner and chairman of TruMedia Networks. Also, he is the owner of Ring of Honor.
What are Tony Khan’s Parents?
Tony Khan was born on October 10, 1982, in Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, U.S., to a Pakistani-American father, Shahid Khan, and an American mother, Ann Carlson with the birth name of Antony Rafiq Khan. His dad became a billionaire in the automotive industry, through his ownership of Flex-N-Gate, which supplied car bumpers. He also has a sister named Shanna. Tony is American when it comes to his nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed of American and Pakistani. He celebrated his 40th birthday on 10th October 2022. His zodiac sign is Libra and he follows the Muslim religion.
Regarding his education, he graduated from the University Laboratory High School in 2001 and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science degree in finance.
Tony Khan Career Timeline
- Tony Khan, in July 2012, joined the Jacksonville Jaguars, following his father’s purchase of the team, and currently serves as Senior President of Football and Analytics. In April 2020, then-Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue referred to Khan as “spoiled”, after a confrontation on Twitter.
- Later, Khan was named as vice-chairman and director of football operations of Fulham on 22nd February 2017. His first full season as vice-chairman, saw the breakout of youth product Ryan Sessegnon as well as the mid-season loan signing of Aleksandar Mitrović amongst the goals, as Fulham earned a promotion to the Premier League by defeating Aston Villa in the play-off final, of which he was present.
- In 2019, he was criticized for telling a supporter of the club to “go to hell”, although he claimed that this person had previously hounded him before.
- In September 2020, Khan was called a “clown” by Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher for tweeting critical comments about Fulham players, and described the transfer history of Khan as “a right mess”. In the 2021–22 season, Marco Silva succeeded Parker as manager, leading to Fulham topping the Championship.
- In late 2018, he filed for several trademarks for a new venture that was shortly thereafter confirmed to be a new professional wrestling promotion, All Elite Wrestling (AEW). Khan and his father, Shahid, are the promotion’s lead investors. The company was officially announced on January 1, 2019.
- The first event, Double or Nothing, The first event, Double or Nothing, took place on May 25, 2019, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Khan serves as president and CEO of AEW.
- On April 25, 2019, he revealed the five-year plan for AEW where he stated: “The 5-year plan for AEW is firstly, to have built up a brand, secondly to have built up a roster and thirdly, to have established AEW as a top brand in wrestling for an audience who desire fast-paced exciting action and want a product that is more of a sporting based product.”
- He announced on 2nd March 2022 stating that he had acquired the professional wrestling promotion Ring of Honor (ROH) from Sinclair Broadcast Group. Moreover, he announced that he intends to make the ROH library available to the public in its entirety.
- On 6th March 2022, he revealed that he planned to keep ROH running as a separate entity from AEW, and also indicated that ROH could possibly be used as a developmental brand for AEW.
- Tony is also the owner and chairman of TruMedia Networks. He acquired TruMedia Networks in 2015. The company has expanded its sports analytics engineering services, with clients including ESPN, the National Football League, Zebra Technologies, and over 60 percent of all Major League Baseball clubs under his ownership.
- Along with his family helped fund Activist Artists Management, a talent management and advisory firm founded in 2018. He made a significant investment in the firm as well and he separately established the Activist content and venture fund focused on investments in media, entertainment, hospitality as well as consumer products, services, and technologies.
- In 2021, he appeared in the film “Rhodes To The Top as himself”.
Tony Khan Awards and Achievements
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Promoter of the Year (2019–2021)
- Best Booker (2020–2021)
How Rich is Tony Khan?
Professional wrestler, sports executive, and businessman, Tony Khan has an estimated net worth of $1 Billion as of January 2023. He is making an annual salary in millions of dollars. His primary source of wealth comes from business ventures and investment careers. He is reportedly one of the wealthiest men in the USA. In July 2012, he signed with the NFL team, Jacksonville Jaguars.
Tony also serves as the senior vice president of Football Technology & Analytics in addition to being the owner of the club. He was selected to serve as Fulham Football Club’s vice chairman and director of football operations on the 22nd of February 2017. He is also the co-owner of the club, Fulham. His responsibilities include evaluating potential players for the club, tracking them down, and convincing them to join. He is also the founder and owner of the All Elite Wrestling (AEW) promotional company. Today, Tony Khan lives a lavish lifestyle and he is enjoying his life to the fullest.
Who is Tony Khan’s Wife?
Tony Khan is an unmarried man. He has kept his personal life private. He remains low-key when the topic is about his personal life. There are no details regarding his affairs, relationship, and dating history. He has not been spotted with any lady till now neither he has spoken anything regarding his love life. He is enjoying his single life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is Tony Khan Height?
Tony Khan is a handsome man with a standing height of 5 feet 8 inches or 1.73 m or 173 cm or 5 feet 6 inches. His well-maintained body weight measures 72 kg or 158 lbs. His body type is average. He has a pair of brown eye color. His hair color is dark brown. He has got a healthy body with a charming smile and a dashing personality.
Leave a Reply