One of the famous professional goalkeeper who is currently playing for Spanish club Girona and the Morocco national team is known for Yassine Bounou. His playing position is the goalkeeper. Previously, he played for Wydad Casablanca, Atletico Madrid. In February 2018, he was named as the best payer of the month. With the team, Wydad Casablanca, he made his professional debut game in 2011, and with the team, Athletico Madrid, he made his professional debut on 24th July 2014 against CD Numancia. On 12th July 2016, he signed a permanent two-year contract with fellow league team Girona FC. He made his debut international game by playing the entire second half of an eventual 1-2 defeat in Tangier. Moreover, at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, he was the first choice for Herve Renard’s team, keeping clean sheets in 1-0 wins over Namibia and the Ivory Coast to qualify for the last 16.
- Being a goalkeeper for the Spanish club Girona and the Morocco national team.
- For his best performance in the 2019-200 UEFA Europa League against Wolves, Manchester United and Inter Milan.
Morocco’s Yassine Bounou Help Sevilla To Win Europa League
Morocco’s international goalkeeper Yassine Bounou led his team to the UEFA final after a thrilling performance. Spanish club Sevilla FC won the Europa League after defeating opponent Inter Milan 3-2. Inter Milan was the first to score an opening with a penalty by Romelu Lukaku in the fifth minute of play. Whereas, Sevilla responded with an equalizer in the 12th minute by Luuk De Jong, who also scored the second goal for his club in the 33rd minute. Inter Milan’s Diego Godin moved fast to score an equalizer at minute 35, turning up the excitement on the pitch. In the second half, Diego Carlos scored the third goal for Sevilla, enabling his club to clinch its sixth Europa League title. Later, Yassine Bounou played a pivotal role in his team’s victory. At the 62nd minute of the game, as the score leveled (2-2), Bounou showed what class of goalkeeper he is when he prevented Inter Milan’s striker, Lukaku, from scoring his team’s third goal. He stood tall in the face-to-face showdown with Lukaku and made an outstanding save. Spanish sports newspaper Mundo Deportivo lauded his save, describing him as one of the greatest goalkeepers in Europe. “Yassine Bounou once again demonstrated in the Europa League final against Inter Milan what kind of goalkeeper he is. One of the greatest of LaLiga, and without a doubt, with the performance of this season finale one of the best goalkeepers in Europe,” the outlet reported. Moreover, he stopped a penalty in the seventh minute of the quarter-finals against Wolverhampton. The save enabled his team to stay alive in the match and defeat the English side. Bounou and En-Nesyri have become the first Moroccans to win the Europa League title, in which Sevilla eliminated heavyweight rivals including Manchester United, AS Roma, and Inter Milan in Friday’s final. He can be considered one of the primary reasons for Sevilla securing the title with a string of decisive saves throughout the competition. Bounou played 10 matches with six clean sheets and only six goals conceded. He told “I am very happy for us to be the champions. We had a very good campaign and I think the win was well-deserved today. Sevilla always shows their strength in Europa League and today we could prove that”.
What is the Nationality of Yassine Bounou?
On 5th April 1991, Yassine Bounou was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. By nationality, he is Canadian and his ethnicity is Canadian-White. His race is White. As of 2020, he celebrated his 29th birthday. Yassine has not revealed any information about his parents, father, mother, siblings, education, and childhood life. He is Aries as per his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. He was very interested in the field of football from an early age. Firstly, he played with Montreal Impact in 1998 and after that, he moved to Morocco when he was very young.
How Yassine Bounou began his Football career?
- Yassine made his football career debut as a senior with the club, Wydad Casablanca in 2011.
- He then moved to La Liga club Atletico Madrid on 14th June 2012 where he was assigned to the reserves in Segunda Division.
- For the club, Atletico Madrid, he signed a new four-year deal on 31st May 2013 and was promoted to the main squad in the summer of 2014.
- He made his club debut against CD Numancia on 24th July 2014 where the club won.
- Later, he was loaned to Segunda División’s Real Zaragoza, in a season-long deal on 1st September.
- For the club, e made his debut the following 11th January in a 5-3 loss at UD Las Palmas and finished the season with 16
- He returned to the Aragonese side on a one-year loan deal on 23rd July 2015.
- Later, on 12th July 2016, he signed a permanent two-year contract with fellow league team Girona FC.
- After Girona FC, he joined Sevilla FC in the top tier, on loan for one year.
- He played regularly in the domestic cup and as the side won the 2019-2020 UEFA Europa League against Wolves.
- He also earned for his performance against Wolves in the quarter-finals as he saved a penalty from Raul Jimenez to earn a 1-0 win.
- He also gave his best performance in the 2-1 semi-final win over Manchester United, and eventually his decisive save of Romelu Lukaku’s one-to-one strike, to win the final 3-2 against Inter Milan.
International Career of Yassine Bounou
- Yassine was eligible to represent Canada or Morocco.
- He appeared with the under-20 team at the 2012 Toulon Tournament, where he played in only one match.
- After that, he was also selected in the 18-man under-23 squad for the 2012 Summer Olympics but acted as a backup to Mohamed Amsif during the tournament, in which Morocco was eliminated at the group stage.
- He was called up to the main squad for a friendly match against Burkina Faso on 14th August 2013 and made his debut in the following day, playing the entire second half of an eventual 1-2 defeat in Tangier.
- Moreover, he was named in Morocco’s 23-man squad for the World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
- He was the first choice for Herve Renard’s team, keeping clean sheets in 1-0 wins over Namibia and the Ivory Coast to qualify for the last 16 at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Yassine Bounou Honors/Titles/ Achievements
- UEFA Europa League: 2019–20
Who is Yassine Bounou Dating?
Yassine Bounou is an unmarried man. He is still to get married. He is a very secretive person while coming to the topic of private life. At present, he might be single as there are no rumors about his affairs/relationship/girlfriend. He might also be seeing a girl. He has kept his personal life secretly. Hope, he will soon reveal something about his dating life/personal life to the media. Coming towards his sexual orientation, he is straight. He is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Yassine Bounou?
Yassine Bounou is a professional footballer and with his career, he has made a huge amount of money. His major source of wealth comes from the sports industry i.e. football career. As of 2020, the net worth of Yassine is estimated to have between $1 Million-$5 Million. The factual information about his net worth has not come up. Whereas, his worth was $1 Million as of 2019. With his present club, Girona, he is receiving a salary of €1,144,000 annually. Additionally, he was receiving £156,000 as of 2017. As of today, he is satisfied with his earnings and he is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Yassine Bounou?
Yassine Bounou is a good-looking person with a charming personality. He has got a tall height of 1.92 m or 6 ft 4 in with an athletic body build. He has got a balanced weight of 80 Kg. His body measurement is 37-29-13 in (Chest-Waist-Bicep). Overall, he has got a healthy body. He maintains his body a lot to keep himself fit and fine.